BCIT Entrance Awards
2017 - 2018 Entrance AwardsNew - Additional Awards added (not listed in the booklet)
- Anshu and Romia Nursing Entrance Award [PDF]
- Construction Industry Training Organization of BC Award [PDF]
- E.B. Horsman & Son Award [PDF]
- NorLand Ltd. Awards [PDF]
The 2017 - 2018 Entrance Award information and application forms are available for viewing and downloading:
- Entrance Awards Booklet [PDF]
- Entrance Awards - Form A (required for all Entrance Awards applications) [PDF]
- Entrance Awards - Form B (required for all Entrance Awards applications) [PDF]
- Entrance Awards - Form C (if required) [PDF]
- Entrance Awards - Form D (if required) [PDF]
Entrance Awards selection criteriaAll Entrance Awards are adjudicated on a competitive basis. Selection is based on academic standing in secondary school and/or post-secondary studies. Other factors may be taken into consideration such as participation in school activities, community involvement and demonstrated leadership qualities. Where applicable, these additional criteria are listed under the Award-specific Information section in entrance award descriptions.
All BCIT Entrance Awards applicants are notified of decisions in writing.
BCIT President's Entrance AwardsBCIT President's Entrance Awards are available to students that have graduated from a B.C. Secondary School during the period September 2016 to June 2017. The selection of candidates is based on an evaluation of academic achievement, participation and contribution to school activities, leadership and citizenship as well as volunteer and/or community service. The BCIT President's Entrance Award can be applied to any full-time BCIT credential program.
The deadline to apply for BCIT President's Entrance Awards is August 5.
BCIT Entrance Awards application deadlinesBCIT Entrance Awards have two distinct deadlines that depend on when you begin your full-time studies at BCIT and the program you are registered in. The deadline for each BCIT Entrance Award is listed under each specific entrance award.
For awards with a singular August 5 deadline, applicants must commence their program between April 1, 2017 and March 31, 2018.
For awards with two deadlines, the following applies:
- August 5, 2017 for those applicants entering their BCIT program April 1, 2017 to November 30, 2017.
- January 6, 2018 for those applicants entering their BCIT program December 1, 2017 to March 31, 2018.
Ready to submit your BCIT Entrance Awards application?
Student Financial Aid and Awards
British Columbia Institute of Technology
Building SW1, Room 2132
3700 Willingdon Avenue
Burnaby, BC V5G 3H2