- TCF will provide the successful candidate with a scholarship paid out over time, subject to the student meeting the criteria of TCF, by reimbursing the cost of tuition and books at the beginning of each semester.
- TCF may advance funds to first year students to pay for their tuition and books, if required, by paying the amount directly to their school. Advance notice to TCF Administrator is required for approval.
- Transportation and living expenses are not eligible for the scholarship.
- Tuition fees reimbursed will not exceed the levels determined by the Board of Trustees of TCF, in its sole discretion. The levels will generally reflect those of major British Columbia universities; however, the Board will consider the institution and program selected by the student and may customize a scholarship that matches a student’s tuition needs within TCF's guidelines.
- Master or Doctoral programs are not eligible for sponsorship reimbursement.
- The maximum duration for funding is five (5) consecutive years from the start of the initial semester. Students are expected to begin their post-secondary education in September of the same year they are awarded the scholarship. Any exception requires pre-approval by the Chair of the Student Selection Committee.
- Students must take a minimum of FOUR (4) COURSES PER SEMESTER, unless the Chair of the Student Selection Committee pre-approves this requirement prior to the student commencing that particular semester. (Exception is the summer semesters where there is no minimum requirement).
- To continue with the scholarship program, students must obtain passing grades in a minimum of three (3) courses per semester. If a student takes more than four (4) courses per semester, they must not fail more than one course to remain with the program. A withdrawal from a course after the school's deadline is considered a fail.
- The cost of a failed or withdrawn course reimbursed by TCF will be deducted from the student's next reimbursement.
- The estimated total maximum value of this scholarship is $35,000 or $7,000 per year.
- At the end of each semester, the candidate will provide TCF with a copy of their transcript from the institution they are attending (or at the end of the school’s reporting period, if not on a semester schedule), together with a brief written summary of their progress.
- Students agree to, sometime in their future, fund a non-related person in furthering his or her post-secondary education either personally or by donating to TCF.
- Scholarships are for consecutive school years and cannot be deferred from one year to the next without prior written permission from TCF.
- Award of a TCF Scholarship is conditional upon the applicant graduating from a BC secondary school and enrollment in a post-secondary institution, trade institute, or college.
- Individuals eligible to receive full funding for their education elsewhere cannot apply for this scholarship.
- Scholarships received by students in excess of $2,500 per semester from other sources will be deducted from TCF scholarship reimbursement amount.
Application Submission and Review Timeline
How to Apply
- You require financial assistance to be able to attend a post-secondary institution.
- You have the ability academically and emotionally to succeed in a post-secondary educational environment.
- You are of good character.
- You demonstrate the tenacity to achieve your goals.
- They believe you will be a contributing member of society once you have achieved your educational goals.